Mounting partitions in TWRP as RW for dynamic partitioned PDAs
This is the (slightly) more detailed version of the 23/8/2021 blogpost where I talked about mounting partitions in TWRP as RW for dynamic partitioned PDAs like the X3P. Keep in mind that this is only tested on the aforementioned X3P (with Nebrassy's latest unofficial TWRP), so be careful while trying it out on other PDAs.
Here's hoping A12 (and PDAs released with A12 OOTB) won't fuck stuff up even worse...
- Boot to TWRP, if you haven't booted already.
- In TWRP, enter Mount & tick (mount) the partitions you want to mount as RW. At this moment, the partitions will be mounted as RO, but it's fine - it'll change on the next step.
- Browse to Advanced > Terminal, & enter "mount -o rw,remount (a partition to modify)"
Here's some examples for the partitions :
Tune up those partitions to your heart's desire (this includes installing NanoDroid modules as system modules as well).
- System : mount -o rw, remount /system_root
- System_ext : mount -o rw, remount /system_ext
- Vendor : mount -o rw, remount /vendor
- Product : mount -o rw, remount /product