External Links (Corpo)
Last update : 8/12/2022
Used to be a short list of decent corpo-hosted content, at least until it was no longer worth linking IMO.
Reasons why most corpo contents (YouTube, Twitter, Telegram, Reddit) are deleted :
- Issues with the official frontends :
- Extremely dependent on JS (& XHR); won't load without them enabled (for YouTube, this also extends to its other Go-ogle connections)
- Bombardments of advertisements. Telegram lacks these AFAIK, ignoring the channel's contents.
- Good ol' tracking, in case anyone forgets why these privacy-respecting & open-source front-ends are made in the first place.
- The corpo platforms are known for censorship bots, censoring whatever does not fit the elites' whims.
For example, YouTube has a history of banning anything that goes against the "official narrative" while also allowing some "light" porn (kids could be watching one).
- The privacy-friendly front-ends aren't perfect either - here's some of their general flaws :
- In order to remain functional, they must keep up with upstream (Nitter with Twitter, Invidious/NewPipe with YouTube, Teddit with Reddit, & so on) - making sure it works as closely as expected while solving any issues that come form using a non-native front-end. With any upstream updates and/or experiments, the clients will also have to deal with the issues it causes.
- Additional privacy issues from the non-native front-ends, such as the provider's use of CDNs (like cuckflare & amazon). This varies among providers, so this may not apply to some providers (examples of non-CDN providers are snopyta & 076.moe).
GNU / FSF
Back to top